21 de des. 2017

Jenny Kroik

New Yorker cover for their Nov. 13 issue
Jenny Kroik, l'artista que va viatjar des de St. Petersburg fins a NYC...
studying on the subway
 “I like to loiter around the city looking for interesting things,” the artist Jenny Kroik says. Her painting for this week’s cover depicts another loiterer at the Strand Bookstore, a beloved institution in lower Manhattan. “I have tried to do a painting a day since I moved here from Oregon, a year and a half ago. Bookstores are really good places for inspiration–you see people interacting with the books they have an affinity for, you see how people consume the culture. Sometimes someone will be dressed in a similar way to things he or she is looking at. I love these sort of poetic fun moments.”
nevermind the snow
It's cold. And I have a cold.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada